3 Dec 2013

Typewriter Collection: 2006-2013

2006


I got my first one in 2004, but technically I didn't "collect" until 2006--the year my parents allowed me to buy a typewriter. June of 2006, at age 12, I bought my first typewriter. It was an Olympia B-12 for $5. All the previous ones owned (wow, 3) were already in the family and I just called them mine.

2009

Still in my collection: 0

Still in my collection: 1

In 2009 I had my first buying binge, accumulating 8 (which was the limit my parents had placed, to my great sorrow).

2011

Still in my collection: 2

Still in my collection: 2

Still in my collection: 2

Still in my collection: 3

Still in my collection: 4

Still in my collection: 4

Still in my collection: 6


In 2011 the limit was lifted and my collection began to explode! But nothing really has equalled the expansion of 2013.

2013



The latest group photo dates to summer 2013 and is quite out of date. I'm considering taking another family portrait, but I'm afraid with the size it has grown to, it will need two separate photos…

(I accidentally deleted the original version of this post…therefore 11 comments are missing)

2 comments:

  1. OK, I remember my comment: My name is Richard and I approve of this obsession!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, I think I remember mine too: Nice! I see you let your tyewriters roam through the countryside from time to time...

    ReplyDelete